Code of Conduct for Players
With regard to each of the following areas of the game a Player must:
Obligations toward the Game
1. Come prepared to learn, and give coaches and trainers my complete attention. Their purpose is to make me a better player and my team a better team.
2. Practice on my own, make every effort to develop my own sporting ability, in terms of skill, technique, tactics and stamina.
3. Give maximum effort and strive for the best possible performance during a game, even if the team is in a position where the desired result has already been achieved.
4. Control my temper and not retaliate, even if I disagree with a decision. Displays of temper will not be tolerated on the field or in playing area.
5. Show good sportsmanship before, during, and after games, conduct myself with honor and dignity. Avoid all forms of gamesmanship and time-wasting.
6. Always have regard to the best interests of the game, including where publicly expressing an opinion on the game and any particular aspect of it, including others involved in the game.
7. Not use inappropriate language.
8. Set a positive example for others, particularly young players and supporters.
Obligations towards the Team
1. Make every effort consistent with Fair Play and the Laws of the Game to help the teams win.
2. Resist any influence that might, or might be seen to, bring into question commitment to the team winning.
3. Respect your team mates.
Respect for the Laws of the Game and Competition Rules
1. Know and abide by the Laws, rules and spirit of the game, and the competition rules.
2. Accept success and failure, victory and defeat, equally.
Respect towards Opponents
1. Treat opponents with due respect at all times, regardless of the result of the game.
2. Safeguard the physical fitness of opponents, avoid violence and reckless play.
Respect towards the Referees
1. Accept the decision of the Referee without protest.
2. Show due respect towards Referee.
Respect towards Team Officials
1. Abide by the instructions of their Coach and Team Officials provided they do not contradict the spirit of this Code.
2. Show due respect towards the Team Officials of the opposition.